Pete Thottam (JD ’99; MBA’06)
Los Angeles, CA
T: (310) 497-7255 · E: firstname.lastname@example.org (click email link to send email)
CONTRACT WORK –Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Transactional & Contract Management work. Los Angeles, CA
- Contracted on various entertainment & transactional/litigation projects including for Amazon, Audi and Netflix; 11//06-present
- I have worked with Amazon (Transparent series), Netflix and the L.A. Community Redevelopment Agency and various law firms.
- I summarized over business contracts for senior executives; I also coordinated compliance management and implementation of tracking procedures and monitoring for approximately $726 million in L.A. real estate development loans and contracts;
- I analyzed developer agreement requirement compliance and created an MS Access database with Developer Agreement summary data;
- Negotiated and prepared commercial leases; Represented landlords (and tenants) in lease negotiations;
- Successfully tried & won unlawful detainer & collection actions. Litigation experience – Breach of Contract, Probate, Bankruptcy, Appeals.
I am immediately available for work leveraging my business, software and legal skill sets. Salary requirements are negotiable.
McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP – Corporate & Real Estate Transactions Associate Los Angeles, CA
- Prepared leases for TESCO retail chain rollout (purchase and sale agreements, ground leases and retail leases). 03/06-11/06
- Represented real estate owners, for-profit and nonprofit developers, institutional investors, and high net worth individuals.
- Drafted, reviewed and negotiated TESCO lease agreements, easements, loan documents, deeds, bills of sale, assignment and assumption agreements, property management agreements, legal opinions, leases, and entity formation documents.
LRN, The Legal Knowledge Company™ Business Development Director Los Angeles, CA
- Worked as business development director for Syndicated Legal Research Division and oversaw three employees. 2002-2003
- Coordinated staffing of 16 Fortune 500 multiple research projects with certified legal specialists; edited and finalized projects.
O’Melveny & Myers LLP – Corporate Associate (Commercial Lending; Securities, Real Estate) San Francisco, CA
- Conducted all due diligence for several $100 million plus financings including one REIT secondary offering. 2001-2002
- Successfully resolved million-dollar contract disputes between domestic distribution agents and international publisher; prepared
demand letters, reviewed client contracts, researched applicable UCC Article 9 provisions and bank lockbox arrangements.
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati – Corporate Securities Associate Palo Alto, CA
- Worked on M&A transactions, equity offerings (Genentech, Healtheon/WebMD, HP, Netflix & more), & SEC filings. 1999-2001
Goldman Sachs & Co. – Analyst New York, NY
- Management Controls and Equities divisions – Implemented operational, strategic, and risk analyses. 1993-1995
UCLA Anderson Graduate School of Management. Los Angeles, CA 2004-2006
M.B.A. (emphasis in Finance and Real Estate)
- Leadership: Riordan Fellows Mentor Program volunteer. Ocean Park Community Center Volunteer. AREA Newsletter editor.
UC Berkeley – Boalt Hall School of Law Berkeley, CA 1996 -1999
J.D., (law degree, graduated in top 30% of Class; Editor & Published author (Berkeley Technology Law Journal).
- High Honors (top 10%) in 3 classes; Moot Court Competition: Awarded school-wide prestigious Best Brief honor.
Yale University New Haven, CT 1989-1993
B.A., (Majors: (1) Economics & (2) Ethics; Politics & Philosophy). Graduated cum laude with Distinction Honors.
- PC Applications skilled in: Course certified video editing skills/composite design in Avid (Media Composer 8.8) and Premiere Pro CC 2017. Coursework in Screenwriting, Directing andFilm Financing (including Movie Magic Scheduling & Budgeting (EP)). Photoshop & Web Design skills. Basic programiming (see below). Lightroom. WordPress & Dreamweaver. After Effects. Adobe Bridge / Creative Cloud – Acrobat XI,, InDesign, Illustrator & MS Office Suite 2016/365.
- Fluent in Spanish; Elementary German.
- Extensive knowledge of Search Engine Optimization, social media and Internet based client service marketing.
- Extensive knowledge of GoDaddy/Google Search Engine Optimization, social media and Internet based client service marketing.
- Computer Programming experience in Android Application Development, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash), Java, C, C++ and Visual Basic (Eclipse IDE & Visual Studio 2010 Programming IDEs).
- Active community service, travel, film, and hiking. Recent travel includes Sri Lanka, Thailand, Ethiopia, UAE,Mali and Mexico.
- Graphic Design PC Applications skilled in: WordPress, Creative Cloud – Premiere Pro, Acrobat XI, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator & Office 2013/365. Also: Lightroom (CC) and AVID (8.8).
- Rich real estate analysis experience and strong management skills; excellent communications and presentation skills.
(MAXIMIZE VIDEO FOR FULL SCREEN – SPECIAL THANKS TO L.A.’S M83 [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M83_(band)])